Welcome from the Superintendent of Schools
The mission of MSAD #53 is to provide all students an equal educational opportunity by offering age-appropriate, comprehensive, challenging programs that encourage all participants to maximize their potential and become well-rounded, socially responsible, critical thinkers and lifelong learners. In collaboration with all stakeholders we will strive to create a climate that fosters respect for diverse learning styles in a safe and caring environment in which cooperation and self-esteem are valued.
We envision excellence in education for our community of learners, characterized by:
- Students and teachers who are deeply engaged in learning;
- Authentic, integrated learning experiences;
- A rigorous and developmentally appropriate curriculum;
- Deep connections within our community of learners and beyond our schools’ walls to the larger community of our towns, state, nation, and world;
- Creative use of existing resources to their fullest potential.