May 26th, 2020.
Important information for the parent/guardians of current 6th grade students.
The latest from the health clinic:
It has been a busy first couple of months in the health clinic for the start of the 2019-2020 school year. We are putting the health and wellness of our students and staff in the forefront to start off the year and will continue to work to improve health outcomes in the coming months. So far this year we have been able to get quite a bit accomplished to include:
- All of the 1st and 3rd grade students at Vickery have had eyes and ears screenings and referrals made to parents.
- We held a staff influenza vaccination clinic on 10/25/19 for the teachers and employees of MSAD 53.
- MSAD 53 has submitted a vaccination report to the State and we have reached 100% responses for all children K-8 in the district. Our total vaccinated population is 96% of all students!!!
- We will be holding dental clinics for students through the State Oral Health Program and Hometown Health on various dates throughout the year, including 11/18/19, 11/25/19, 12/18/19, and 1/8/20 (paperwork has already gone home in backpacks). We will repeat in the Spring as well.
- An influenza vaccination clinic for students of MSAD 53 will be held on 11/26 for all three schools (info has already gone home in backpacks).
- Hygiene Boot Camp Collaborative with the Health teacher to kick off 11/20/19 for Warsaw students to educate students on the importance of proper hygiene and health!
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of maintaining and improving the health of the students in our district! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have at 487-5145.
Yours in service,
Lindsay Turner, RN"